Proudly Serving The Atlanta Metro Area For Over 19 Years
Dekalb Homebuyer Program
The First Time Homebuyer's Program provides funds to assist homebuyers with costs associated with the purchase of a home in DeKalb County, Georgia
• Borrowers can receive $5,000 to $8,000 towards the purchase of a home.
• First-time homebuyers and those who have not owned a home during the last three years are eligible.
• The program requires at least 60 days to process your information.
• Homes must be up to all DeKalb County codes at the time of purchase.
• No condos or townhomes
• Applicants must first attend a workshop with one of the HUD approved counseling agencies.
• Must buy a single-family detached home anywhere in DeKalb County, outside the city limits of Atlanta.
• The purchase price of the home cannot exceed $160,000.
• Buyers must contribute 1% of the total purchase price. (Ex: $160,000 x 1% = $1,600)
Credit & Payment Assistance Amounts
•Eligible applicants with credit scores of 620 or above can receive $8,000 toward their down payment and closing cost.
•Eligible applicants with credit scores of less than 620 can receive $5,000 to assist with down payment and closing cost.
•Applicants who improve their FICO credit scores to 620 or higher within a 12 month period, can receive an additional $3,000 toward down payment and closing cost. The total amount cannot exceed $8,000
Maximum Annual Income Limits
• Household of 1 - $37,150
• Household of 2 - $42,450
• Household of 3 - $47,750
• Household of 4 - $53,050
• Household of 5 - $57,300
• Household of 6 - $61,550
• Household of 7 - $65,800
• Household of 8+ - $70,050